One thing all you dolls need to keep in mind is the care of wigs. Below are some great tips to help keep your wig looking it’s best at all times. Caring for your wig properly will keep it fresh, attractive and comfortable. Please follow the instructions for caring for your wig. Your wig could be damaged if you wash and dry your wig incorrectly; following these maintenance tips will help in keeping your wig in tip top shape!
When you remove your wig, keep it on a wig stand (or “head form”) to maintain the shape. Smooth out straight hair or fluff curls with a wire brush or pick. Cover with a hair net that holds the style without matting. Avoid leaving your wig near heat (radiators, vents), humidity (showers), or dusty areas.
Cleaning your Wig!
Shampooing frequency depends on wearing frequency. In general a wig should be washed after every 6–8 wearings in warm climates or after every 12–15 wearings in coolers ones. However, if you’re especially active, use hairspray, smoke or live in an especially humid or poor air quality climate, you should wash about once a week to remove excess perspiration, dirt and smell.
Before washing, gently brush out wig to remove any teasing or tangles and turn inside out.
- Add a cap of wig shampoo or baby shampoo to a basin of cool (never hot) water.
- Soak it in lukewarm water using a wig shampoo for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Swish it gently, do not rub.
- Rinse well by swishing in clean, cool water. Gently squeeze out excess without twisting.
- After, a thorough rinsing in cold water, turn the inside back in.
- You can always condition your wig by using wig conditioner.
After washing, tightly finger squeeze each curl on curly styles while wig is still wet. On both straight and curly styles, gently towel blot to remove excess water.
- Let wig air-dry on a clean, dry towel or a wire head form that allows air circulation.
- Do not set the wig stand near heat sources or in direct sunlight.
- Never use blow dryers or other heat appliances on synthetic wigs.
Remember you can change or try new looks quickly and easily by simply changing your wig. Let one of the experts at Suddenly Fem help you with all your wig needs today! You can trust Crossdresser.com to provide you with a fabulous selection of wigs for the cross dressing male.